||In the Name of God, the All-Mercy, the Merciful
|God Bless Muhammad and His Family|
|Your Trusted Source of News About|
The San Francisco Bay Area Shia
Meet Sheikh Saeed BAHMANPOUR
|إلتقي بالشيخ سعيد بهمنبور
الشيخ سعيد بهمنبور
Sheikh Saeed Bahmanpour
- Completion of Theological Studies at Qum Seminaries
- M.A. Sociology, Allameh Tabatabai University, Tehran (1996)
- B.A. Sociology, Allameh Tabatabai University, Tehran (1994)
- Studied towards B.A. in Sociology, London School of Economics, (1979 - 1981)
- Pursued B.A. in Mechanics, Queen Mary College, London (1978)
- Studied Pure and Applied Mathematics & Physics, Hackney College, London (1975 - 1977)
- High School Diploma, Tehran (1974)
- Director of Islamic Studies, Islamic College for Advanced Studies (2002 - 2006) Lecturer: Islamic College for Advanced Studies, London (2000 - 2003)
- Visiting Lecturer, University of Cambridge, Faculty of Oriental Studies, Teaching Iranian and Islamic Studies (2000 - 2002)
- Editor in Chief, Message of Thagalayn, a quarterly on Shi'a thought and history (1996 - 2000)
- Editor in Chief, Echo of Islam, a cultural and political monthly magazine (1996 - Present)
- Muslim Identity in the 21 Century, Ed., London, 2001
- Shajareh Tuba - A Persian book on the life and times of Fatima, the daughter of the Prophet of Islam. Tehran, 2001.
- Faraz-o-nasheebe aglaniyyat - A Persian book on the history and meaning of rationality. Tehran, 2000.
- Raast-o-dorugh - A short novel In Persian. 1996.
- Khoftigaane beedar - A Persian novel (the story of the Seven Companions of the Cave), Winner of Book of the Year Award, Tehran, 1994.
- Rooze Baaraan, A movie screenplay, 2002.
- Maryam-e Mughaddas, A television sequel in 11 parts on the life of the Virgin Mary, 2001.
- Musa. A television sequel on the life of Prophet Moses in 30 parts presently being filmed.
- Mardan Angelus, A television sequel in 18 parts on the story of the Companions of the Cave shown on Iranian national TV and neighboring countries, 1997.
Rationalization and Muslim Identity, presented at the School of Oriental and African Studies, London, 1997
Social Change and Jurisprudential Stagnancy, presented at SOAS, London, 1999
A Pragmatic Approach to the Implementation of Shariah in Islamic Iran, Cambridge, Brismes Conference, 2000
Relevance of Sira of the Prophet of Islam to Our Modern Life, Sira Conference, Sri Lanka, 2000
Family in Islam, printed by Spring, 2000
The Spiritual Status of Mary in Islam, University of Cambridge, Faculty of Divinity, 2001
The Religion of Human Rights and Other Religions: Are They Compatible? Goethe Institute, 2003
AL-ISLAM.ORG : A wealth of audio files (108 files) including Nahjulbalagha Lectures, and Tafsir al-Qur'an (Exegesis) from several surat including Tawba, Saad, and Yaasin,
OPENDEMOCRACY.NET: The discussion at Londons Goethe Institute between Heiner Bielefeldt and Mohammad Saeed Bahmanpour.
HUJJAT.ORG: Lecture on the occasion of birthday of Imam Ali (AS).
QURANTAFSEER.ORG: All audio files including the latest ones.
Iran's Internal Politics: A View from Within >>>
The religion of Human Rights and other religions: Are they compatible?
Panel discussion on Issues Surrounding Marriage Shia Muslims & Anglican Christians >>>
comments powered by
Saba Center: Malcolm Shabazz
Saba Center: Ali Mir
Saba Center: Alavi Foundation
Saba Center: Rafic Labboun